Saturday, October 24th 5:30pm
*purchase your spot in our products section *
If you think letters are sexy. If you enjoy putting a pencil to paper and you don’t mind getting your hands dirty then you’ll love this class. Led by Los Angeles based designer Drew Melton – This hands on course will walk you through the early process of creating your own custom lettering by hand. You will learn the basic anatomy of letters, study essential styles and alphabets, practice sketching your own lettering illustrations and receive one-on-one feedback from Drew.
You will receive a supply kit including pencils, tracing paper and grid paper. Feel free to bring along your own supplies as well! Everyone who attends will receive a custom metallic gold decal as well as a customized Moleskine designed by Drew Melton and provided by the wonderful folks at Lumi. But most importantly you will leave with the knowledge needed to create your own lettering illustrations.
What will students bring home?
- Supplies (Tracing paper, pencils, alphabet worksheets, etc)
- Metallic Gold Decal provided by Lumi.
- Custom rubber stamped moleskine notebook.
- A custom Carmel Type Co. pencil (or two)
- Worksheets, tracing paper, etc.
Students can expect:
- Access to Drews book collection for inspiration during the class.
- An introduction on to the basic anatomy of letterforms.
- Hands on instruction of the creative process.
- 1 on 1 feedback.
- Project guidance.
Drew Melton is a freelance, graphic designer, letterer and occasional illustrator. He has worked for a wide range of clients including McCann, Saatchi & Saatchi and Penguin Books. He currently resides in Los Angeles with his beautiful wife and stacks of books.